Poached Eggs with Bacon Polenta and Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fine cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped baby greens or herbs of your choice
- Coarse cracked pepper
- Coarse salt
Adapted from framedcooks.com
1.Preheat oven to 425 Lay bacon on a rimmed baking sheet and cook until just crispy, about 10-12 minutes. Drain on paper towels and cut or tear into small pieces.
2.Heat water in a medium saucepan to boiling. Add salt, and then pour cornmeal slowly and steadily into the water, whisking as you go. Lower heat to simmer and cook until thickened. Depending on the cornmeal you use, this can take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes.
3.While the polenta is simmering, fill a deep skillet with water and bring to a boil. Break your eggs into teacups or small bowls (do this beforehand and yes, use 8 cups - you are going to want to get your eggs into the water as quickly as possible). Slip the eggs from the teacups into the water, cover the skillet, turn OFF the heat under the skillet and leave them in there for exactly three minutes. After three minutes, scoop them out with a slotted spoon and put them on a plate.
4.When polenta has thickened, stir in butter and bacon and divide among individual bowls. Make two dents in the polenta in each bowl and place a poached egg on each dent. Scatter tomatoes, greens and cracked pepper on top of each bowl. Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt on top of each and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Seed Piecrust 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Bourbon Glazed Chicken Wings 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Coconut Chia Pudding 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucca Spaghetti with Walnut Ginger... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Southwest Cornmeal Bacon 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork and Tomatillo Chili 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Cod with Tomatoes, Pine Nuts 4/5 (4 Votes)