Pan Roasted Red Snapper with Summer Couscous
- Easy Aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBS champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- pinch of salt
- Cauliflower Couscous:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (about 1/2 of an onion)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 TBS lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 TBS ghee (or butter)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Pan Roasted Red Snapper:
- 4 4ounce wild caught red snapper filets, skin on
- 1 TBS ghee
- salt and pepper
Mix it up
Cut the cauliflower into small chunks (stalk discarded) and place in a food processor. Pulse until it resembles small grains of rice or couscous. Set aside.
Heat ghee in a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook until translucent, about two minutes.
Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Turn heat off and add cauliflower, herbs, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir until everything is combined. Place lid on pot and set aside.
*Pan Roasted Red Snapper:*
Heat ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Generously salt and pepper both sides of the filets.
When the pan is very hot carefully add the filets to the pan skin side up. Cook on each side for 3 minutes.
Remove from heat, transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
Place a generous helping of couscous onto 4 plates. Top with a filet of snapper and then a dollop of aioli.
You'll also love
- Harvest Salad with Raspberry... 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Spaghetti Beef Casserole Recipe -... 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- GARDEN PASTA PIE 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill's Rosemary Herbed... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Spanish Style Shrimp Soup 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp & Vegetable Stir Fry 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Cod with Mushrooms, Garlic &... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Maple-Bourbon Basted Grilled Salmon 4.4/5 (16 Votes)