Orange, Red Onion And Black Olive Salsa
- 2 large oranges
- 1/2 medium-size red onion halved, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 10 Kalamata olives or other
- brine-cured black olives pitted, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 1 teaspoon minced orange peel
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Using sharp knife, cut peel and white pith from oranges. Working over bowl to catch juices, cut between membranes to release segments into bowl. Add onion, parsley, olives, olive oil and orange peel to bowl; toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 74; total fat, 4 g; saturated fat, 0.5 g; cholesterol, 0.
You'll also love
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (129 Votes)
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas with... 4.4/5 (144 Votes)
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce 4/5 (176 Votes)
- Gingered Onion and Beef Soup with... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Savory Mini Muffins with Goat... 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)