Pressure Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage
A real time saver! This pressure cooker corned beef & cabbage recipe tastes just like it's been braising for 3 and a half hours. The only thing sacrificed here is time. Serve with veggies and horseradish.
- 3 to 4 pound corned beef brisket
- 1 head garlic, cloves cut in half
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice
- 5 peppercorns
- 5 allspice berries
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 green cabbage, cut in 8 wedges
- 8 small red potatoes, peeled & halved
- horseradish (for serving)
Place the brisket in a pressure cooker and cover with cold water. Add the garlic, pickling spices, onion, peppercorns, allspice and vinegar.
Cover the pressure cooker and bring up to high pressure. Reduce the heat to lowest level required to maintain pressure and cook for 70 to 80 minutes, depending on how large the brisket is. Allow the pressure to drop naturally.
Add the potatoes and cabbage and bring to high pressure again. Keep at high pressure for 5 minutes or so, then quick release the pressure. Check potatoes for doneness.
Slice the meat thinly across the grain, and serve on a platter with the vegetables on the side. Pass around the horseradish, if desired.
You'll also love
- Chicken Christopher - Morton's... 4/5 (83 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Scalloped Pineapple 4.2/5 (47 Votes)
- Moist Pumpkin-Spice Muffins from... 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Aunt Peggy's Cucumber, Tomato and... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Cheesy Beef & Rice Casserole 4.1/5 (78 Votes)
- Cabbage & Noodles with Bacon 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Chicken Corn Chowder from Boma in... 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Corn Dog Casserole 4.7/5 (18 Votes)