Olive And Artichoke Tapenade
- 1 can artichoke hearts - (13 3/4 oz) well drained
- 1/4 cup walnuts toasted
- 8 large brine-cured green olives pitted
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Finely chop first 5 ingredients in processor. Add 1 tablespoon parsley and oil; puree until coarse paste forms. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to small bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Per tablespoon: calories, 35; total fat, 2 g; saturated fat, 0.5 g; cholesterol, 0.