- 2 Tbsp. coarse Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 lb. cod or halibut, cut into 4 portions
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges
1.Preheat the oven to 450 F.
2.In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, tarragon, butter, 1 Tbsp of the olive oil, water, lemon juice, and garlic; set aside.
3.Sprinkle the cod with the salt and pepper. In a shallow ovenproof skillet, heat the remaining ½ Tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the cod and sear on one side for 4 minutes. Turn the cod over and sear for 2 minutes on the other side.
4.Pour the mustard sauce over the cod and place the skillet in the oven; roast for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve the cod with the lemon wedges.