Old-Fashioned Potato Salad With Sweet Pickles
- 1 1/2 pounds white-skinned potatoes peeled, and cut into 3/4" pieces
- 2 hard-boiled eggs peeled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup coarsely-chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle slices each quartered
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle juice from pickle jar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Steam potatoes until tender, about 12 minutes. Cool. Place potatoes in large bowl. Add eggs, celery, onion, mayonnaise, pickles and pickle juice. Toss gently to blend. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per serving: calories, 160; total fat, 2 g; saturated fat, 0.5 g; cholesterol, 62 mg.