Soup Tortellini Tomato with Italian Sausage & Spinach
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion (about 1/2 medium sized onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1-32 . oz. box of vegetable broth (chicken works too)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package tortellini
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
Heat a large, heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Heat vegetable oil and add diced onion. Saute until onions are soft.
Crumble Italian Sausage and garlic with the onion. Cook until sausage is no longer pink.
Stir in crushed tomatoes, vegetable (or chicken) broth, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Let soup simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Add tortellini and spinach and simmer for about ten minutes, until pasta is tender.
Serve with shredded Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Turkey Enchiladas Fantasticas 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 5/5 (1 Votes)
- German Potato Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Puny's Potato Salad 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Smoked Char Siu Pork Shoulder... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fresh Pasta by Trattoria Bel Paese 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Martha Stewart's One Pot Pasta Meal 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Tomato Ravioli 4.3/5 (16 Votes)