Beef and Broccoli
Super easy and delicious beef and broccoli recipe. I like to double the recipe for the sauce and stir fry other veggies on the side with it, (asparagus, bok choy, squash, snap peas, red onion etc.) You could also serve this with fried rice rather than plain white rice.
Recipe from www.rainydaygal.com (Pinterest)
- For the marinade:
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t sugar
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1 T low sodium soy sauce
- 1 T water
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 T brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T flour
- 1 T sherry
- 3 T vegetable oil
- 2 heads of broccoli, heads only
Adapted from rainydaygal.com
To marinate the meat: Whisk together the baking soda, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, water, and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Toss the steak with the marinade to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, then proceed below.
In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, flour and sherry until smooth. Set aside.
In a large wok or saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil over high heat until shimmering. Add broccoli and saute 3 minutes, stirring often. Transfer broccoli to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium-high. Carefully add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the hot pan. Add the marinated meat and half of the sauce mixture and saute for 3- 4 minutes, stirring often, until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Stir in the broccoli and remaining sauce. Saute 1 minute more. Serve over rice.
You'll also love
- Blackberry Cheesecake 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Fresh freeze corn 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Cauliflower Soup 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Shrimp, Corn and Bacon Chowder 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Low Carb Broccoli with Cheese Sauce 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Beef Vegetable Soup with Noodles 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken, Broccoli &... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
Review this recipe