Carrots - Asian Style
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or pineapple juice or just water)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed (toasting is optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- salt, if needed, to taste
Adapted from recipezaar.com
Heat sesame oil in skillet on medium-high heat; add carrots, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, juice (or water) and ginger root. Reduce heat, cover and cook at a simmer and stir until carrots are crisp-tender (depends how small your carrot slices are).
Stir in the honey. Stir in well and cook until heated through.
Top with the sesame seeds. Season with pepper and salt, if needed.