Mixed Wild Mushroom Risotto
- 3 cups canned vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 8 ounces fresh mixed wild mushrooms - (to 10 oz) sliced (such as stemmed shiitake, crimini and oyster)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme (or 2 tspns dried thyme)
- 1 cup arborio or medium-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Bring broth and wine to simmer in heavy small saucepan. Cover pan; keep warm.
Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and 1 tablespoon thyme. Sauté until mushrooms soften, about 3 minutes. Mix in rice. Add all but 1/4 cup of broth mixture. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer uncovered until rice is almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 18 minutes.
Add remaining broth; simmer until rice is tender and risotto is creamy, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Mix in cheese and 1 tablespoon thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 2 servings (can be doubled).