Deconstructed Cannoli Chips and Dip
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 pkg (about 36) square wonton wrappers, cut diagonally in half
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- 3 TBS orange liqueur
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1/2 orange, zested
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
1) Fill a Dutch oven 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees F.
2) Fry wontons in one layer, not overcrowding the pot. Flip the wontons once or twice until golden brown, 4 - 5 mins. Remove the wontons with tongs or a slotted spoon and drain on a lrg wire rack set over a shallow pan.. Repeat until all wontons are fried.
3) Mix the ricotta, sugar and liqueur until well combined in a lrg bowl. Whip the cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form, using a hand mixer. Fold the whipped cream and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips gently into the ricotta mixture.
4) Add the ricotta-cream mixture to a med dip bowl or 8x8 inch baking dish and spread evenly. Starting from the left side of the bowl, make a row, from top to bottom, of pistachios, followed by a row of the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips, then the cherries. Grate fresh orange zest over the bowl and plate the wonton chips on the side. Dust the chips with sugar and serve.