Linguine With Red Peppers, Green Onions And Pine Nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers cut into strips
- 6 green onions cut into thin strips
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 9 ounces fresh linguine
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers; sauté until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add green onions and sauté 2 minutes. Transfer vegetable mixture to bowl.
Add cream and wine to same skillet and simmer until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Mix in cheese and all but 1 cup vegetable mixture. Simmer sauce 2 minutes to blend flavors; season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
Return pasta to pot. Add sauce and toss to coat over medium heat, adding reserved cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls to moisten, if desired. Mound pasta on plates. Garnish with reserved 1 cup vegetables. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1068 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.3/5 (958 Votes)
- Linguine and Clams 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Skillet Linguine With Bacon And... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)