Endive Spears Stuffed With Herbed Goat Cheese
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream approximately
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 1/2 tspns dried rosemary, crushed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh thyme (or 1 1/2 tspns dried thyme)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large endive head - (or 2 small heads)
- Sweet paprika (optional)
In a medium bowl, cream the goat cheese with the back of a kitchen spoon. Add the cream, rosemary, thyme, parsley, chives, and pepper and mix until smooth and creamy. Add more cream if the cheese is particularly thick. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Bring to room temperature before assembling.
Core the endive and separate into spears. Spoon the filling into 20 endive spears, filling each spear about halfway. Assemble on a plate and sprinkle with the paprika, if using. Cover and refrigerate.
This recipe yields 20 endive spears.
You'll also love
- Eggplant Timballo With Cavatelli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber Soup With Wasabi-Avocado... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornmeal And Cherry Griddlecakes... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised-Lamb Shank Shepherd's Pie... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Melon, Arugula, And Serrano Ham... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Pears With Amaretti And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey-Poached Pears With Brown... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach And Endive Salad With Blue... 0/5 (0 Votes)