Chive & Onion Hash Browns
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 1 tub (8 oz) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 TBS dried minced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 pkgs (20 oz each) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 TBS minced fresh chives, divided
- 2 TBS butter, cubed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; cook and stir over med heat until blended. Stir in potatoes.
2) In a greased 13x9 inch or 3 qrt baking dish, layer 1/3 of the hash brown mixture and 2/3 cup Swiss cheese; sprinkle with 1 TBS chives. Repeat layers. Top with remaining hash brown mixture and cheese; dot with butter.
3) Bake, covered, 35 mins. Bake uncovered 10 - 20 mins or until edges begin to brown and potatoes are heated through. Let stand 10 mins before serving. Sprinkle with remaining chives.