Taco Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
Love these little taco stuffed peppers! Perfect dinner or lunch. serve with guacamole, salsa and sour cream on the side.
- 16 mini sweet peppers (red, yellow and orange)
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, about 3 ounces
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1 ounce package)
- 3/4 cup corn chips, crushed
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from tablespoon.com
Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper; set aside.
Cut each sweet pepper in half lengthwise, leaving stems intact. Remove seeds and membranes. Place halved sweet peppers on cookie sheet, cut sides up.
In medium bowl, mix refried beans, cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning mix until well mixed. Place mixture in resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut 1/2 inch off 1 corner of bag. Pipe mixture into pepper halves.
Top each pepper half with crushed corn chips. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Cool on cookie sheet 10 minutes. Top with chopped fresh cilantro.
If desired, serve with guacamole or salsa for dipping.