- Warning: Not DIET friendly! Moderation for sure! lol!
- First 2 steps>> Brown 2lbs ground beef ( Drain and add 2 packs of Taco Seasoning ) Follow packages of Taco seasoning packs..
- Have 7 to 8 med. size potatoes peeled and rinsed sliced round and boil till tender in separate pot but do not over cook! Set aside for now..
- Now that Taco meat and potatoes are done! Next>>>Add THESE INGREDIENTS TO Taco Meat only..Yes meat is on stove top on Med. heat while adding these and stir to keep from sticking!
- 1 10 oz can of Rotel Tomatoes (I used less then half because of being a bit spicy for grandsons! But normally use whole can!
- 1 8 oz box of Cream Cheese
- 1 8 oz box of Velveta Cheese
- 1 8 oz container of Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp Cilantro
- Sprinkle minced Onion to your desire or use real Onion ( Grandkids don't like real onion) So I used Minced!
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- Pepper to taste But No Salt!>>Because of Corn Chips being salty!!!
- 1 Table spoon of Chili Power
- 1 > 5 oz can of Evaporated Milk
- When all cheese is melted and mix well with the Taco Meat all in the same pan! Turn Heat Off!! You want meat cheese sauce to be a little thick but not to thick so if needed you can add little more milk !
- Then Large Casserole Dish Sprayed or 2 small ones as I used to night!
First Layer of Potatoes cover bottom of dish then>>
A Layer of the Meat Sauce>>
2 hand fulls of crumbled Corn Chips sprinkled over Meat Sauce and Potatoes
Repeat last 3 steps again so to have 2 complete Layers then sprinkle top with Chopped green onions and 1/2 cup of shredded Mexican Cheese for a finished Look! Cover and place in oven at 3:50 for 30 mins then uncover last 10 mins!