Seared Scallop Gemelli with Asparagus, Snap Peas, and Pecorino
The twisted shape of the gemelli makes it the perfect pairing for the chunky vegetables and scallops in this seafood-and-pasta duo of Seared Scallop Gemelli with Asparagus, Snap Peas, and Pecorino
- 8 ounces gemelli
- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided $
- 1 sweet onion, chopped $
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces $
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 pound sea scallops $
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided $
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter $
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Preparation time 36mins
Cooking time 36mins
1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta, and cook 3 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels. Return skillet to cooktop, and add 2 tablespoons oil, onion, and garlic; cook, over medium-high heat, 5 minutes or until onion starts to soften, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus; cook 2 minutes or until bright green. Stir in peas, and cook 2 minutes. Add vermouth; cook 1 minute or until reduced to a glaze. Stir in tarragon and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add to skillet, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
4. Return large skillet to cooktop. Add cooked pasta and 2 tablespoons butter, and cook 1 minute or until butter melts. Remove skillet from heat, and stir in cheese, half of reserved pancetta, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Divide pasta among 4 bowls, top each evenly with scallops, and sprinkle with remaining pancetta.
You'll also love
- Turkey Enchiladas Fantasticas 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 5/5 (1 Votes)
- German Potato Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Puny's Potato Salad 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- APPETIZER - Creamed Salmon on Toast 5/5 (1 Votes)
- ENGLISH MUFFIN CRAB APPETIZERS 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Joe's Crab Shack Crab Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Seared Scallops over Wilted... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)