Italian Sausages With Broccoli Rabe And Polenta
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 sweet or spicy Italian sausages
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe - (12 oz) trimmed
- 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 purchased 24-oz basil-garlic-seasoned
- polenta roll
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add sausages. Cover skillet and cook until sausages are brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer sausages to plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
Add garlic to drippings in same skillet and stir 30 seconds. Add broccoli rabe and 1/2 cup broth. Cover skillet and cook until broccoli rabe is crisp-tender, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add polenta; mash with potato masher until smooth. Mix in remaining 1/2 cup broth and cheese. Simmer until polenta is warmed through, about 5 minutes. Season polenta with salt and pepper.
Spoon polenta onto 2 plates. Top with sausages and broccoli rabe.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.4/5 (557 Votes)
- Baked Penne with Chicken, Broccoli... 4.4/5 (331 Votes)
- Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana 4.4/5 (213 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Lasagna 4.4/5 (126 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach Brandy Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)