Broiled Mackerel with Cucumbers-Radish Salad
- 2 4-6 oz. mackerel or bluefish fillets, skin on
- Couple of dashes of tamari
- Couple of dashes of rice wine vinegar
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, cut in half, seeds removed and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 4 About 4oz. radishes, tops and bottoms removed, quartered
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Red-pepper flakes, to taste
Season non-skin side of fillets lightly with a couple of dashes of tamari and rice wine vinegar.
Make 3 slashes in the skin of the fillets, lightly rub with olive oil.
Place on broiler pan and broil skin-side-up until fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss together in a medium bowl the cucumbers, radishes, sea salt, vinegar and red pepper flakes ot taste.
Divide salad between two plates, place fish on side and lightly sprinkle fish with addtional rice vinegar, sea salt, and red-pepper flakes if desired.
You'll also love
- Flounder with Parsley and Caper... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fontina and Prosciutto Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Tostadas with Shrimp and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Wild Salmon with Fennel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chilled Shrimp and Cucumber Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber Pickle Spears 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Boiled Dinner with... 0/5 (0 Votes)