- 1 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
- 1/2 pound uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 oz. cornbread stuffing
- 1 medium onions finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces canned mild green chili peppers diced
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 8 ounces canned enchilada sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
Combine all ingredients, except half of tomato sauce, together in a large mixing bowl. Set remaining tomato sauce aside. Spoon meatloaf mixture into prepared pan and smooth top.
Bake for 60 minutes. Spoon remaining sauce over meatloaf and cook 5 minutes more. Slice into eight pieces.
Freezing and thawing instructions: If freezing, bake meatloaf for 60 minutes only. Cool, remove from pan, wrap in foil and freeze. When ready to eat, thaw in refrigerator and reheat in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and bake for 5 minutes more.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Points® Value: 4