Chicken Kabobs with Red Pepper Cilantro Pesto
- 2 roasted bell peppers, chopped (see How to: Roast a Bell Pepper)
- 3 tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 green onions, white parts only, cut into 1-inch pieces
Soak 6 wooden skewers in warm water for 30 minutes. Alternatively, use metal skewers (no soaking required).
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the roasted red bell peppers, slivered almonds, garlic, cilantro, Parmesan cheese, and lime juice. Pulse until combined.
While the food processor is running, slowly pour in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken in a medium bowl and toss with half of the pesto. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill to medium heat and lightly brush the grill with oil.
Thread the chicken onto the skewers, alternating with the green onion pieces.
Grill until the chicken is just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Serve with the remaining pesto.