Honey Ricotta Cheesecake
Fall 2015-Soup Night
Very dense, rich, delicious
- Crust made w/ biscotti, Graham crackers, or ginger snaps plus 6 tbls butter
- 1 (12 oz) container of fresh whole milk ricotta, drained
- 2 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbls orange zest
- 4 large eggs
1. Pre heat oven to 350
2. Wrap outside of 9-inch spring form pan with 2 layers of heavy aluminum foil. Finely grind crust materials in a food processor. Add melted butter. Press into bottom of pan. Bake for about 15 minutes. Cool
3. Blend ricotta in food processor until smooth. Add the cream cheese and sugar and blend well. Blend in honey and orange zest. Add the eggs and pulse until just blended.
4. Pour cheese mixture over crust. Place the pan in a large roasting pan. Pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the pan. Bake a little over an hour. Cool at least 8 hours.