Lemon Chicken w/ Asparagus
- 2 chicken breasts halves
- 15 asparagus spears
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Clean and trim chicken breasts. Place a chicken on a cutting board and cover with a large piece of plastic food wrap. Using a mallet or a heavy skillet, pound chicken until 1/2″ all over.
Place chicken breast side down (fleshy side up) and sprinkle with salt, pepper and lemon zest.
Place half the asparagus spears on top of the chicken breast and fold meat tightly over the spears, securing with two or three toothpicks.
Repeat with remaining breast.
Preheat skillet to medium-high heat and coat with olive oil, 1-2 tsp. Place rolled breasts good side down (seam side up) and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Turn chicken over carefully, and pour minced garlic and lemon juice all over. Pour chicken stock into pan and cook, covered, an additional 3-5 minutes.
Place chicken in a 350 degree oven and cook 5-10 minutes or until full cooked.
You'll also love
- Roasted parsnip crisps 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Spanish-Style Oxtails Braised with... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Microwave Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Hasselback Potatoes - Cooking Light 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Eggnog Cranberry Pie Recipe 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Radish, Orange & Goat Cheese Salad 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- LEMON PIE EN COPAS 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)