Turn leftovers into tacos, chili or egg-and-brisket biscuit sandwiches.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp light molasses, honey or sorghum
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 (4-to-5 lb.) brisket flat, trimmed
- 1 yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- Horseradish Cream
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 365mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Stir together first 6 ingredients in a small bowl to form a paste. Rub on brisket, and let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 250F. Cook onion in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Add 6 garlic cloves, and saute 30 seconds. Remove from heat, and add beef broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Place brisket in Dutch oven, fat side up. Spoon onion mixture over brisket.
3. Bake, covered, at 250F for 4 to 5 hours or until fork-tender. Let stand 30 minutes. Thinly slice brisket across the grain. Serve with Horseradish Cream.
Stir together 1 cup sour cream, 1 tsp prepared horseradish, 1 minced garlic clove, and if desired, 1 pickled jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced, in a small bowl. Add salt to taste. Refrigerate up to 1 week.