Pork Chops and Squash With Pumpkin Seed Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 3 pounds winter squash (such as acorn, kabocha, delicata, or butternut), halved, seeded, cut into 1" wedges
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 1"-thick bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro plus leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons (or more) fresh lime juice
- Buy all at Peapod
- Powered by POPCART
Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread out pumpkin seeds on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toast, tossing once, until just beginning to darken, about 4 minutes. Let cool. Coarsely chop; set aside.
Toss squash with 1 tablespoon oil on a large rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast squash, turning occasionally, until golden brown and tender, 35-40 minutes.
When squash has been roasting for 30 minutes, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and cook until brown, 5-8 minutes. Turn over and cook until pork is cooked through, about 3 minutes longer.
Whisk garlic, 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, reserved toasted pumpkin seeds, and remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a small bowl to combine. Season vinaigrette with salt, pepper, and more lime juice, if desired.
Divide squash and pork among plates; spoon vinaigrette over. Top with cilantro leaves.
Per serving: 470 calories, 28 g fat, 7 g fiber
Nutritional analysis provided by Bon Appétit
MENUS & TAGS
THIS RECIPE IS FEATURED IN:
panang vegetable curry / Photo by Jason Lowe Getting Nutty for Acorn Squash Lamb Chops with Everything-Bagel Yogurt and Chickpeas / Photos by Charles Masters, food styling by Sue Li 19 Main Courses for a Fall Feast
PORKQUICK & EASYLOW CALHIGH FIBERDINNERPORK CHOPSQUASHWINTERBON APPÉTIT
RECENT REVIEWVIEW ALL
I thought it was just okay, may or may not make it again
SUZMAR FROM CHICO, TX /
FLAG IF INAPPROPRIATE
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sour Cream & Bacon... 4.5/5 (311 Votes)