Gruyere And Parsley Omelets
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon dried fines herbes or dried salad herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyère cheese - (packed) abt 2 oz
Beat eggs, 2 tablespoons parsley, 2 teaspoons water, dried herbs, salt and pepper in small bowl to blend.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of egg mixture (about 1/2 cup) to skillet. Cook until eggs are just set in center, tilting pan and lifting edge of omelet with spatula to let uncooked portion flow underneath, about 2 minutes.
Top half of omelet with 1/4 cup cheese. Using spatula, fold other half of omelet over cheese; slide out onto plate. Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture and cheese. Sprinkle omelets with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.