Broiled Tomatoes With Feta And Fresh Oregano
- 4 firm-ripe tomatoes sliced 1/2" thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Lightly oil a baking sheet and place tomato slices on it. Drizzle slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with oregano leaves and feta. Place tomatoes under broiler and cook until slices soften a bit and cheese is slightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove carefully with a spatula to plate.
This recipe yields 4 servings as side dish.