Spaghetti Squash Salad with Chickpeas and Feta
Looking at these yellow, oblong squash, you would never know that inside are hundreds of sweet noodle-like strands that resemble spaghetti. After roasting halved squash cut side down in a hot oven, we let the squash cool and then scraped out the strands with a fork. We tossed the cooked squash with a bright vinaigrette, lots of fresh herbs, some chickpeas, feta cheese, and toasted pistachios.
- 4 to 6 6
- to 1 The squash needs to cool for 1 hour after roasting.
- 1 1/2-pound) 1 1/2-pound) (2 1/2-pound) spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 6 6 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 2 2 7 teaspoons grated lemon zest plus 7 teaspoons juice
- 1 1 can 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 2 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 4 4 scallions, sliced thin on bias
- 2 2 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pistachios
Adapted from cookscountry.com
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Brush cut sides of squash with 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Place squash, cut side down, on rimmed baking sheet. Roast squash until just tender and tip of paring knife can easily be slipped into flesh, 40 to 45 minutes. Transfer squash to wire rack, cut side up, and let cool completely, about 1 hour.
2. Combine lemon zest and juice, remaining 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Holding squash over bowl, use fork to scrape flesh from skin into strands; discard skin.
3. Add chickpeas to bowl with squash and toss gently to coat with dressing. Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with feta, parsley, scallions, and pistachios. Drizzle with extra oil before serving.
You'll also love
- Canal House's Chicken Thighs with... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Snow Peas stuffed with Southern... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Potato-Leek Soup with Mini Pierogi 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Creamy Corn Chowder 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Paleo Pumpkin Bread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- LENTIL STEW WITH CUMIN AND... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)