Grilled Pork Chops With Bourbon-Mustard Glaze
- 1/3 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 thin-cut pork rib chops, 1/4" to 1/3" thk
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Combine chili sauce, bourbon, mustard and soy sauce in heavy medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until sauce is reduced enough to coat spoon, whisking occasionally, about 4 minutes.
Sprinkle both sides of chops with salt and pepper. Brush 1 side of chops generously with sauce. Place chops, sauce-side down, on grill. Brush chops generously with remaining sauce. Grill until cooked through and glazed, about 3 minutes per side.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.
Corn muffins, coleslaw and boiled green beans round out the main course. Finish with peach pie à la mode.