Seared Pork Chops With Coconut Rum And Pineapple Sauce
- 4 pork chops, 1 1/2" thick
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter - (to 6)
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple in medium dice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 cup coconut rum
- 1 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice - (to 2)
- 1 small tomato seeded, diced fine
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
Heat skillet to medium-high heat. Season pork chops liberally with salt and pepper. Add peanut oil to skillet and sear pork chops until golden brown on both sides. Remove pork chops from pan and put into a preheated 450 degree oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or until done to your likeness.
In same skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter and when it starts to brown add pineapple and cook until edges start to caramelize. Now add brown sugar, mix thoroughly, then add shallots and garlic and bring to a simmer. Next add rum and flambe ingredients.
When the flame dies down, add chicken stock and bring to another simmer and reduce liquid by 1/2. Add lime juice, tomato, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Add remaining butter to thicken sauce. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Sauteed Spinach Chiffonade With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Broccoli Rabe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Scallopini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Pears With Amaretti And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Cornish Hens With Sage Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Pudding Cake With Raspberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Potpie With Cornbread Crust 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Individual Blueberry-Coconut Pound... 0/5 (0 Votes)