- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 veal cutlets - (abt 1 lb total) pounded thin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour seasoned with
- Salt and with
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Marsala
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 12 sage leaves
- 8 slices prosciutto - (thin slices)
- 16 slices Fontina - (thin slices)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat olive oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet. While oil is heating, dredge veal cutlets in flour, 2 at a time, shaking off excess flour. Quickly saute the veal until just cooked through, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a shallow baking pan and keep warm, loosely covered with foil.
Deglaze pan with Marsala and chicken stock and let reduce slightly. Top each cutlet with 3 sage leaves, 2 slices prosciutto, and 4 slices Fontina. Pour the pan sauce over cutlets and bake in oven, covered, for about 10 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Steamed Halibut Fillets, Chinese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crisp Duck Breast With Pink... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Ginger Teriyaki Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Curried Pork Chops With Brandied... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp And Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Osso Buco - Classic Italian Veal... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Medallions With Mushrooms,... 0/5 (0 Votes)