Makes 6 servings
Start to Finish: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 cups peeled, cubed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Adapted from purewow.com
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread the pumpkin into an even layer on the baking sheet and drizzle it evenly with the olive oil. Season with rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper, and toss well to coat. Roast the pumpkin until very tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
3. Transfer the pumpkin to a blender or food processor and add the milk. Blend until smooth, and then transfer the mixture to a large pot.
4. Stir in 2 cups water and the heavy cream, and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat.
5. When the liquid is hot, whisk in the polenta. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture becomes thick, resembling oatmeal, 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Stir in the Parmesan and butter, and check the seasoning; add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve warm.
Note: Crunched for time? Substitute 2 cups canned pumpkin puree for the roasted pumpkin in this recipe.
Read more: Pumpkin Polenta | Recipes - PureWow
Sign Up For PureWow's Daily Email
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)