Tex Mex Casserole
Easy Tex Mex Casserole is perfect for a weeknight dinner. You can prepare this ahead of time and just pop in the oven when you get home. Serve with some sour cream on the side.
- 1 (8 ounce) package Barilla® Whole-Wheat Penne Pasta, dry
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can less sodium whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup Sargento® Reduced Fat 4-Cheese Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Cook the pasta in a large stockpot of salted water, according to package directions for al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic about 7 to 8 minutes until the beef is no longer pink. Use a wooden spoon to break the beef up as it cooks. Drain any excess fat and return the beef to the skillet over low heat.
Add the cooked pasta and the remaining ingredients, except the Mexican cheese to the skillet and stir until well combined.
Transfer the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle the Mexican cheese evenly over the top.
Bake uncovered in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.