Black Bean Pumpkin Chili
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Hunt’s® Original Diced Tomatoes, undrained (fire roasted is great)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Adapted from keyingredient.com
In a 6 qt, stockpot heat oil over medium heat. Add onion & yellow pepper until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir in broth, pumpkin, tomatoes, and seasonings. Mash one can of beans. Add remaining can of beans to pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 45 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken and cilantro, heat through.
8 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cup, equals 200 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 658 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 very lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
4 WW Points Plus