Pista Burfi is a delicious, traditional & very popular Indian sweet.
- 1 cup pista (pistachio)
- 1/2 cup mawa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2-3 drops of green food color (optional)
- 3-4 almonds finely chopped
- Water as required
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Soak pista (pistachios) in warm water for half an hour.
2. Drain all water, peel pista (pistachio) & blend it to a fine paste. Keep
3. Heat sugar, 1/2 cup of water in a pan & prepare a sugar syrup of one
4. Roast mawa in pan for 2-3 mins. Stir it continuously. Switch off the
heat, let it cool.
5. In a bowl mix pista paste, mawa, cardamom powder & green color.
6. Pour this mixture into the sugar syrup & mix well.
7. Cook it on a slow flame, stir continuously, till mixture leaves the
sides of the pan.
8. Transfer the paste to a greased plate, let it cool & set for an hour.
9. Cut the burfi into desired shape, garnish with chopped almond.
10. Pista barfi is ready for Diwali.