Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- 2 sticks Salted Butter
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puree (not Pumpkin Pie Filling!)
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3/4 cups Boiling Water
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Maple Extract (optional)
- 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 stick Butter, Softened
- 1 pound Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- Dash Of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Half-and-half Or Milk (more If Needed For Thinning)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a sheet pan with baking spray and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, melt 2 sticks butter. Whisk in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until it's totally combined. Whisk in boiling water until mixture is smooth and combined. Set aside.
In a measuring pitcher, combine buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, vanilla, and maple extract. Whisk and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Pour in the pumpkin mixture and stir until halfway combined. Pour in the buttermilk mixture and stir until combined. Pour into the pan and bake the cake for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
To make the frosting, mix together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and salt until smooth. Add half and half and check the consistency. It should be somewhat thick but thin enough to spread in a thin layer.
Spread the frosting all over the surface of the cake. Cut into squares and serve. Keep leftovers in the fridge, as frosting will get soft.
NOTE: You may double the frosting amounts if you like a very thick layer of frosting!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (312 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)