Fresh Tuna Tacos
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced canned chipotle chilies see * Note
- 1 ahi tuna steak - (8 oz) cut into 3/4" pieces
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 taco shells
* Note: Chipotle chilies canned in a spicy tomato sauce, sometimes called adobo, are available at Latin American markets, specialty foods stores and some supermarkets.
Mix first 4 ingredients in small bowl. Place tuna in medium bowl; sprinkle with taco seasoning. Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add tuna; sauté to desired doneness, about 3 minutes for medium.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in sour cream mixture. Cook just until heated through, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes (do not boil).
Heat taco shells in microwave 20 seconds. Fill taco shells with tuna mixture.
This recipe yields 4 servings.