Fish And Pickled Onion Sandwiches
- 2 catfish fillets - (6 oz ea) each cut 3 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Yellow cornmeal
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Maui) thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 kaiser rolls split, and lightly toasted
- Purchased tartar sauce
Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper, then dust with cornmeal on both sides. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and sauté until crisp outside and just opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plate.
Wipe out skillet with paper towels. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until beginning to color, about 3 minutes. Add vinegar and 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme. Sauté until onion is golden and vinegar has evaporated, about 2 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
Place bottom half of rolls on plates; spread with tartar sauce. Top each with 3 fish pieces, sautéed onion, 3/4 teaspoon thyme and roll top.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.
You'll also love
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Halibut With Tomato-Tarragon Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Fish Wrap In Kemiri Nut... 0/5 (0 Votes)