Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage or ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cans (15 oz.) Italian style tomato sauce
- 2 t dried basil leaves
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 container (15 oz.) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
Cook meat and onion in skilled over medium heat 6 - 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and parmesan cheeses.
Spoon 1/4 meat of the mixture into slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with 1/2 of the cheese mixture and 1/4 of the meat mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and 1/4 of meat mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining meat mixture.
Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 - 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.