Honey Pepper Chicken
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 228 | Points Plus: 6 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 625mg | Carbohydrates: 11g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Protein: 27g |
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into large, bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup lite (low sodium) soy sauce, optional Tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, more if desired
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder, optional 1 tablespoon peeled and minced ginger root
Whisk together all of the ingredients for the marinade, besides the chicken. Place chicken pieces in a sealable bag or container and pour the marinade over the ingredients. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Empty chicken and all of marinade into a pan over medium heat and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken pieces are cooked through, stirring frequently.
Serve chicken and all of sauce. Enjoy!