Low Carb BBQ Sauce
- 3/8 cup vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce. (1 15 oz can) Don't buy a tomato sauce that has spices or flavorings in it!
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon yellow hot dog mustard
- 3/4 tablespoon Franks Hot Sauce (the chicken wing sauce)
- 3/4 tablespoon salt (optional)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper. Go easy!!!!
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 6 teaspoons Splenda or 18 drops of Liquid Splenda
Add vinegar and all other ingredients except mustard to a sauce pan and slowly heat. Put mustard in a cup and slowly stir in a couple tablespoons of sauce until well blended. Then add mustard mixture back to sauce in pan.
Bring to a boil, and lower heat. Let simmer for a few minutes. Let cool, then refrigerate.
Carbohydrates per Serving (1 tablespoon): Less than 1 gram. Half an ounce is 1 gm carbs, 6 calories.