- 1 pound ground round
- 1 (26-ounce) jar low-fat spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package precooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat mild Cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º.
Cook meat in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well, and return meat to pan. Add sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Combine cottage and Parmesan cheeses in a bowl; set aside.
Spread 1/2 cup meat mixture in bottom of a 13 × 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over meat mixture; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup meat mixture, and 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining meat mixture over noodles. Cover and bake at 350º for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.