Sauteed Radishes And Watercress
- 4 bunches radishes quartered, leaving
- a bit of the greens on top for decoration
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt (preferably sea salt)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 bunches watercress coarse stems
- discarded, watercress rinsed, but not spun dry - (abt 10 cups)
Trim radishes and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wedges.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then saute radish wedges with salt, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a platter and keep warm, loosely covered.
Saute garlic in remaining tablespoon butter in skillet over moderately-high heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add watercress and saute, covered, until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Return radish wedges to skillet to reheat quickly and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.