Raspberry lager cupcakes
- SOAKING SYRUP
- 1 bottle raspberry beer
- 8-10 fresh raspberries
- 2 1/2 c cake flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 oz red food coloring
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 c raspberry beer
- 24-30 fresh raspberries, for garnish
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 c powdered sugar
For Soaking Syrup: Pour beer into a saucepan and add raspberries, bring to a gentle boil, stir occasionally, mashing raspberries as you stir. Once the beer has reduced by half, 7-10 minutes, remove from heat, allow to cool, then strain to remove raspberry bits. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake pans with liners, 24ish.
Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder then set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together oil, butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, vinegar, red food color and mix well.
Add flour mixture alternately with beer starting and ending with flour mixture. Mixing until just blended.
Fill liners 2/3 full and bake 17-20 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in the center. Remove from oven and cool in pans 10 minutes then remove to cooling racks, while still warm, brush tops a couple times with soaking syrup. Cool completely, then frost with cream cheese frosting. And top with a fresh raspberry, if desired.
For Frosting: In a large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy, 2-3 minutes. Scraping bowl as necessary, add vanilla, mixing well. Add powdered sugar and beat until very smooth, creamy and fluffy, 2-3 minutes
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)