Burrito Bowl with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Start with a basic salsa rice and top with a bean and corn mixture. You can add some cooked chicken or beef to the bean mixture, if you'd like. Top with your favorite burrito toppings!
- 1 cup uncooked rice or quinoa
- 1/2 cup salsa (restaurant-style, or your favorite store-bought brand)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups corn (I used frozen corn, thawed)
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 jar creamy chipotle sauce
- Other additions: onion, green onion, bell pepper, avocado, cilantro
Adapted from thegardengrazer.com
Cook rice according to directions on the package. While rice is cooking, prepare your vegetables.
Heat the beans and corn and stir in the diced Roma tomatoes.
When rice is cooked, stir in salsa. Serve the salsa rice in bowls, top with the warm bean mixture, add some chopped lettuce on top and garnish with your favorite toppings!
Makes 3-4 burrito bowls