Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes
Place a mini donut atop a cupcake to transform it into a dome shape. With a decoration of orange-tinted frosting and gum drop stems you’ll have a bumper crop of mini pumpkins.
- 1 package (18 1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- 1 container (16-ounce) vanilla frosting
- 24 mini donuts
- 24 green gum drops
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla. Tint cake batter orange with 1/2 teaspoon yellow food color and 1/4 teaspoon red food color.
Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
Tint frosting orange using 1/4 teaspoon yellow food color and 1/8 teaspoon red food color. Attach a mini donut to cupcake with some frosting. Frost entire donut and top of cupcake. Press ridges into the frosting with a small knife to resemble a pumpkin. Use a gum drop for the stem.
Easy Jack-O-Lantern Cupcakes: Omit mini donuts. Frost cupcakes with orange-tinted frosting. Use candy-coated pieces to decorate the face and green gum drops for the stems.
You'll also love
- Caramelized Scallops 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Orange Julius-like Smoothie 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Chocolate-Covered Oreo Cookie Cake 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Smashed Avocado & Tomato Basil... 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE PIE 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Pumpkin Swirl Bread 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Homemade Monkey Bread 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Lemon Cupcake with Lemon... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)