Cold Poached Salmon With Red Bell Pepper And Parsley Salsa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes peeled, each
- cut into 8 wedges
- 2 salmon steaks - (8 oz ea)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Bring 2 cups water, wine, 2 tablespoons onion, 2 tablespoons dill and 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic to boil in wide saucepan or skillet. Add potatoes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to bowl. Cool.
Add salmon steaks to poaching liquid in same saucepan. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat just until salmon is opaque in center, about 7 minutes. Using spatula, transfer salmon to plate and cool. Cut salmon steaks in half; remove skin and bones. Cut salmon into 1-inch pieces.
Combine parsley, lemon juice, oil, 2 tablespoons dill and 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic in processor. Chop finely. Transfer to small bowl. Mix in bell pepper, capers and 2 tablespoons onion. Season with salt and pepper. (Potatoes, salmon and salsa can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover separately; chill. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before continuing.)
Mound salmon in center of platter. Surround with potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon salsa over.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: calories, 354; total fat, 12 g; saturated fat, 2 g; cholesterol, 62 mg.
You'll also love
- Smoked Salmon 4.5/5 (90 Votes)
- Baked Salmon with Tomatoes,... 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach Brandy Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)