Roasted Acorn Squash with Garlic Butter & Burrata
Chef Dave Beran created this wonderfully indulgent vegetarian dish of roasted sweet squash topped with just-melted burrata. It's fantastic with a lush Chardonnay.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Kosher salt
- 2 (1 1/2-pound) acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeds discarded
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups baby greens (2-ounces)
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced and rinsed under cold water
- 1 (1/2-pound) ball burrata
- Cracked black pepper, for garnish
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
In a bowl, combine the butter, shallot, garlic and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Season the squash halves with salt and pepper and set on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with the garlic butter and roast for about 30 minutes, until the squash is golden and tender. Transfer to plates.
In a bowl, whisk the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Add the baby greens and red onion and toss to coat. Cut the burrata into 4 pieces. Top each squash half with burrata and salad, garnish with cracked pepper and sea salt and serve warm.
You'll also love
- Butternut Squash Tortellini with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- White Bean and Tuna Salad with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Salmon and Cherry Tomato Skewers... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Pizza with Glazed... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Winter Squash Carbonara with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Corn Zucchini Casserole 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Rösti Cakes 4.3/5 (4 Votes)