Chicken, Red Pepper, And Green Bean Stir-Fry
- 4 ounces green beans trimmed
- 3 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 1 skinless boneless chicken breast - (8 oz) cut crosswise
- into strips
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper cut into
- matchstick-size strips
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
Cook beans in pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain. Refresh under cold running water.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet; stir-fry until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add bell pepper, ginger and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add chicken and beans to skillet. Stir in soy sauce and vinegar. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe yields 2 servings (can be doubled).